Core Systems Lead Developer
US - VA - Richmond
- Core Systems Lead Developer in Richmond, VA
- To start ASAP
- Programming complex, multi-tier front and backend applications using, as well as providing operational support for existing applications
- Developing layered applications, including user interface, business functionality, and database access
- Communicating with business units to architect effective solutions
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits identifying and encouraging areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain core system applications.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- 5-7 years of programming experience
- Experience using Microsoft technologies including VB.Net, ASP.NET, SQL Server, stored procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL, AJAX, HTML/CSS, and exception handling
- Experience with other development technologies such as Gosu, Java, and Jenkins
- Working knowledge of relational databases and basic Windows system administration
- Experience using Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with enterprise level solution architecture
- Experience leading development teams of 2 or more developers