US - MA - Syracuse OR Waltham
- Construction Planner in Syracuse, NY or Waltham, MA
- 11 month contract
Facilitation of Work
- Build and develop relationships with external vendors performing electric construction services
- Build, develop, and maintain crucial internal relationships with Design, Program Management, Distribution Construction, Operations Divisions, Distribution Support, and Procurement to ensure smooth completion of assigned projects.
- Field requests for work from a variety of stakeholders.
- Collect and organize all job related documents / information (drawings, sketches, job cards, timelines, etc)
- Close coordination with Supply Chain to assure the timely requesting and delivery of materials.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings
- Author Work Authorizations for the work. Ensure Work Authorization is fully executed before the job begins
- Implement contract strategies/initiatives and coordinate external construction resources to optimize progress on capital work in 100% compliance with safety, quality, and cost control requirements.
- Monitor upstream dependencies, facilitate construction schedules, and set priorities for Construction Supervisors, Design, and Distribution Support to execute the work plan, evaluate/resolve planning and implementation issues, and to ensure timely delivery of projects to contractors.
- Drive Contractor performance/progress through monitoring construction project status, assessing schedule performance, reassigning Contractor resources, and developing management information to assess future contractor workload assignments, ensure efficient work plan delivery and timely internal stakeholder support.
- Update and oversee the use/completeness of the Construction Management Database, to ensure accurate data and reporting capabilities.
- Set up and facilitate routine Contractor Scheduling meetings.
- Support weather related events, Participation when required on all storm and emergency restoration efforts.
- Review contractor schedule for accuracy and reasonableness
- Notify the contractors of changing priorities, work with the contractor to re-prioritize the work to ensure key dates are met.
- Work with the contractors to ensure client Construction Supervisors are aware of contractor schedule, work locations, and changes
- Work with the upstream stakeholders to improve the visibility and lead time of future work.
- Consistent and active communication with vendors throughout all levels of the organization.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with all internal stakeholders both inside and outside of
- Monitor and set expectations for getting work done.
- Support weather related incidents, including managing contract crew transfer sheets, and storm room support as required.