Construction Cost Manager
US - NY - Melville
- Construction Cost Manager in Melville, NY
- 3 month contract
- Experience in complex construction projects with a specialized focus in change order management
- Provide contract support, guidance and advice to the project delivery teams to insure compliance and contractor costs are robustly managed across the portfolio of projects.
- By working with the Project Manager and Construction Supervisor validate claims/change orders submitted by the contractor to ensure the client achieves value for money.
- Identify early warnings, and assist with and monitor appropriate risk mitigation.
- Support the Project Manager with site progress and work completion status enabling accurate and timely cost and schedule update.
- Regularly review and monitor contractor progress of the assigned portfolio of projects to verify the costs and progress of job as compared to the Earned Value report.
- Support Project Manager to verify forecast accuracy based on crew efficiency, change impacts, etc.
- Ensure contract compliance through effective contract management activities
- Construction project experience– understanding of the nature of construction projects and the effective / professional approach to delivery.
- Construction contractual knowledge – ability to interpret and apply contract clauses to ensure the client's commercial interests are protected.