Change Management and Communications Consultant
US - IL - Chicago
- Change Management and Communications Consultant in Chicago, IL
- 5 month contract
- Candidate must have Organizational Change Management experience such as people side of change and includes Stakeholder Management, Communications and Training.
- Apply the client change management process and tools to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Assess the change impact: Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness.
- Manage Stakeholders: Identify key stakeholders, conduct stakeholder assessment and manage key stakeholder plans.
- Support communication efforts: Facilitate the creation of communication plans, support the design, development, delivery and management of communications.
- Very strong communication writing and verbal skills are required.
- Experience with using multiple ways for communicating, social media platforms, digital signage (strong PowerPoint skills), newsletters, job aids, emails, etc.
- Support training efforts: Facilitate the creation of a training plan, provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs (e.g. train the trainer).
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Complete change management assessments
- Consult and coach project teams
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Coach managers and supervisors
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other change leads
- Integrate change management activities into project plan utilizing project management software
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills are mandatory
Skills and Qualifications
- 5-8 years of experience in Change Management
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal a must
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts in a multi-national, Fortune 500 global organization
- Master’s Degree in Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development or MBA is optional
- Change management certification or designation desired
Areas of Expertise Needed
- Must Have Previous IT Change management experience – Will manage multiple change projects in IT.
- Excellent communication writing skills is a must