US - VA - Richmond
In this Master Software Engineer role within the Finance Tech area you will provide a full-spectrum of technology services including configuration of application software, data integration across the environment, scripting, identifying and implementing application/process improvements and exploring new technology tools in our domain.
• Collaborate in an Agile environment to drive towards process improvements
• Drive innovation and modernization of Financial systems and processes through Cloud integration, DevOps and Automated testing
• Formulate and define system scope and objectives based on user needs and thorough understanding of business problems with varying levels of complexity
• Work with internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve business results.
• Gather and analyze information and provide recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group.
• Monitor/coordinate data processing during critical business days of month-end close.
• Address issues/gaps via production support best practices including root cause analysis and testing
• End-to-end view of the data flow across technology layers, identify and implement opportunities for improvements and efficiency
• Partner with product owners, business partners, and end users to understand and document business processes and concepts
• Solicit, analyze, and negotiate customer requirements under minimal guidance and direction
• Provide technical guidance concerning business implications of application development projects
• Identify and address cross-platform dependencies and impacts
• Identify risks/issues in a timely manner and appropriately mitigate/escalate
• Work both independently and collaboratively to solve problems and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
• Identify trends in application issues and develop recommendations for improving application performance
• Experience in design, build and testing of system solutions
• Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Assertiveness and leadership presence, experience in leading a team
• A forward-leaning, results oriented, positive attitude is required
• 1+ years’ experience with Python, .Net, Scala or Sqoop
• Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
• At least 5 years of experience with .NET
• At least 4 years of experience with Financial Systems
• At least 2 years of experience in Agile software development
• 1+ years’ experience using cloud based hosting solutions (AWS-EC2/ECS/S3)
• 2+ years of experience in either Hyperion Essbase or 1+ years of experience with One Stream Budgeting and Planning Software, or any OLAP technologies.
• AWS Architect certification or AWS Developer Certification
• 3+ years’ experience with DevOps
• 5+ years’ experience with Financial Systems