Business Analyst - Data Modeler
CA - Montreal
Position: Business Analyst & Data Modeler
Location: Montreal- Canada
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: December 31st, 2019 with strong potential to extend
FTE: The resource is required Full Time 100%
- Will be responsible for modeling business and data requirements documented by industry standards groups and developing associated data exchange specifications such as XML schemas or APIs.
- Will use the Airline Industry Data Model (AIDM) and associated methodology to produce and assist others to produce required artifacts to fulfil the requirements set by the industry standards groups.
- Will work with and present the proposals to Airlines and System Providers (members of industry standards groups) to gather feedback and facilitate ownership.
- Transformational Projects:
- Responsible for modeling business and data requirements and developing associated data exchange specifications for selected standards development projects. Ensures that resulting proposals to amend data exchange standards are interoperable and fully integrated in the Airline Industry Data Model.
- Integration and Interoperability:
- Plays a vital role providing support, guidance and advice to selected industry working groups developing new data exchange standards, supports the groups in their effort to document and analyze business requirements and understand the impact of the changes managed/envisaged by on the interoperability with a specific focus on business process integration, data and technology interoperability.
- Modern Technologies:
- Leverages subject matter expertise to actively contribute to development of best practices and methodologies related to the development of new messaging standards (AIDM methodology) and coordination of the use of communication protocols..
- Stakeholder Management:
- Maintains strong relationship with secretaries and industry leaders of Working Groups developing requirements for new messages by guiding them through the approach, methodology, planning of work & resources. Maintains strong relationship with secretaries and members of technology groups responsible for interoperability and best practices linked to proposed solutions.
- As and when required by the business develops training materials and delivers training or consulting services allowing industry members and colleagues to use the tools, environment, guidelines and providing hands-on support.
- University degree, preferably in Computer Sciences or similar discipline with at least five years of experience with an airline [nice to have] or system provider;
- Practical hands on experience with data and/or business modeling is a must [must have], expertise in UML [must have], XML [must have], JSON, OpenAPI documentation standard, database modelling and web services is desirable;
- Practical hands on experience working with Enterprise or Industry level data and/or business models is essential [must have];
- Excellent planning skills; able to manage multiple disparate stakeholder expectations and able to consolidate the outcomes to deliver new messaging standards; [nice to have]
- Knowledge of airline industry business processes and systems is a plus; [nice to have]
- Ability to think 'out of the box' and challenge current ways of working to drive continuous process improvement; [nice to have]
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of other language would be an asset; [nice to have]
- Strong commitment to customer service; [nice to have]
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with senior stakeholders and working groups; [must have – they will be working with the airlines directly]
- Ability to travel and work to tight deadlines [must have];
- Great Personal skills with experience working in a multi-national environment [nice to have]
- Advanced written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills [nice to have]