Benefits Specialist III
US - NY - Brooklyn
- Benefits Specialist in Brooklyn, NY
- 12 months contract
- Evaluate health & welfare, voluntary, and wellbeing industry trends and recommend new benefit designs and programs for active workforce
- Collaborate with the benefits broker in the design and actuarial review of benefit programs
- Develop and analyze key performance metrics, and recognize data trends and patterns to drive strategy decision
- Gather, interpret and analyze financial information to verify facts or substantiate a business case, and identify financial risks and potential impacts
- Evaluate benefits legislation and impact on benefits strategy
- Project Manager for implementation of strategic benefits initiatives including sanctioning by senior leaders, vendor selection process, development of eligibility and other requirements, and communication cadence across the organization
- Recommend process improvement for benefit programs in coordination with internal stakeholders (Benefits Operations team, Shared Services Department, HRIS/Payroll)
- Monitor current programs and relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure programs are in compliance with contracts
- Strategy development for contract negotiations with collective bargaining units
- Development and oversight of benefits communication strategy including rollout of communication campaign for new programs, annual Open Enrollment cycle, and other support as necessary
- Ongoing relationship building with HR (i.e.Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, Employee Experience) to ensure benefits messaging is consistent across the organization
- Manage ongoing relationships at all levels in the organization and maintain effective relationships with external partners
- Recognize needs of stakeholder groups and recommend enhancements to employee benefits education
- Participate in health and welfare benefit plan surveys and analysis of same to ensure client programs are aligned with best practice in the marketplace, and provide recommendations for new programs or enhancements of current offerings
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or other related field
- 10+ years’ experience in health benefits administration, strategy and design.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent benefit experience.
- Advanced degree or CEBS preferred
- Proficiency in MS products especially Excel
- Analytical and problem solving skills and ability to use data to drive recommendations
- Demonstrates knowledge of financial practices and framework to support the successful delivery of benefits strategy
- Ability to work independently and lead projects involving both internal and external stakeholders
- Well developed interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with all levels
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must also have the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to large groups.
- Demonstrated ability to produce and present financial data to all levels of the organization
- Expertise in benefits administration and compliance
- Ability to manage multiple, high level projects as well as process improvement experience
- Extensive knowledge of benefit programs with demonstrated experience in the development, design and implementation of benefit programs.
- Knowledge of industry practice, trends and legislation (i.e. IRS, FLSA, HIPPA, ERISA).
- Experience with union benefits (Taft Hartley, collective bargaining agreements)
- High personal standards of commitment and integrity while maintaining confidential information