US - OH - Mason
- To ensure we are supplying customers with the highest quality products while adhering to all food and safety standards.
- This is accomplished by batching food product/condiments to corporate/customer approved recipes.
- Obtains instruction from lead processor or supervisor.
- Ability to follow complete production schedules with minimal scrap/spoilage
- Keep up with volume of work required
- Visually inspects equipment at station for cleanliness or obvious maintenance problems.
- Cleans small machine components, as needed.
- Reports any problems to lead processor or supervisor.
- Makes piping connections as needed for particular process on schedule.
- Monitors equipment controls, temperature meters, valves and adjusts as needed.
- Operates forklift/pallet jack to obtain ingredients or move pallets/totes in and around processing area.
- While slow, assists processing assistants in cleaning processing areas by scrubbing walls, hosing floor, sweeping floor/emptying trash and performing other cleaning duties.
- Utilizes can openers, knives, band cutters, snips, pliers and other small items to open ingredient cases/packages.
- Maintains neat work area.
- Wipes spills that have occurred during mixing process.
- Records data pertaining to work completed, ingredients used, lot codes and other processing information.
- Assists in cleaning equipment and lines between recipes.
- Obtains ingredients/supplies from warehouse.
- Obtains samples of batches
- Asks lead, supervisor or material handler if there is any rework.
- Uses rework if there is any consistently.
- Determines ingredients required for formula/recipe and the required amount.
- Ability to safely lift 55lbs on a regular basis.
- Obtains ingredients from storage area or around work area and pours into kettle.
- Meters in other ingredients as required by watching meters and turning on/off kettle.
- Utilizes drum lift by strapping drum into lift and operating hydraulic lift with chain.
- Manually pushes drum lift to kettle and dumps drum of ingredients as needed.
- Operates controls to activate mixers and equipment.
- Monitors controls, equipment temperature, valves, and adjusts equipment to meet formula requirements.
- Hoses spills off floor and hoses towards drains.
- Obtains measures and weighs additional ingredients to set aside in preparation for next batch or recipe.
- Assists other processors in pouring ingredients into kettles as needed.
- Collects samples and tests for pH, acidity, viscosity and solids.
- Reads test results and adjusts equipment/recipe accordingly.
- Notifies lead processor of any major adjustments needed, or problems with process.
- Transfers finished products to drum, tote, or tank by pumping through piping system.
- Operates switches to control pumps when batch is complete.
- Assists in preparing drums, totes, or tanks for storage of product by ensuring that the proper placarding information is on the package.
- Determines appropriate size of batch needed to accommodate orders and line.
- Closely monitors batch temperature while processing and waiting for packaging to ensure that product will not set prematurely.
- Operates equipment in a safe manner following GMP guidelines and keeps work area clean.
- Participates in meetings and have scheduling flexibility.
- Trains others as necessary.
- Fills in for other positions as necessary.
- Occasionally testing batches in the lab and recording information on proper documentation.
- Additional responsibilities of this position include assisting in the creation of a culture of safety and health by performing work safely in accordance with all company safety procedures.
- Operates equipment safely and reports any unsafe work conditions or practice to supervisor.
- Occupational safety and health performance is measured in this position
- Other duties as assigned
- Medium 75 lb. Up to 50 lb.
- High school or GED required
- EXCEL Required
- WORD Required
- Modern equipment requires basic knowledge of computer and/or electronic data processing.
- Some new machines have robotized electronic components that sanitizers must be able to understand and work with, clean, and/or manipulate.