App Dev - Java
US - NY - New York
Keep reading if:
● You’re driven to build intuitive experiences that start with the customer.
● You embrace change and innovation, always seeking to push the boundaries and are comfortable challenging the status-quo.
● You LOVE technology and learning new things.
What you'll do:
● Perform complex application design and programming activities in the latest techniques and technologies: Java, REST, microservices, AWS/Cloud infrastructure.
● Provide technical leadership in terms of architecting applications, mentoring developers, making smart technology decisions, etc.
● Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers, and other developers on different permutations to find the best solution possible.
● Deliver solutions to production that knock everyone’s socks off.
What we’re looking for:
● Amazing technical instincts. You know how to evaluate and choose the right technology and approach for the job. You have stories you could share about what problem you thought you were solving at first, but through testing and iteration, came to solve a much bigger and better problem that resulted in positive outcomes all-around.
● A love for learning. Technology is continually evolving around us, and you want to keep up to date to ensure we are using the right tech at the right time.
● Confidence, not ego. You have an ability to collaborate with others and see all sides of the coin to come to the best solution for everyone.
● You have programming experience in multiple programming languages and can’t wait to learn more.
● You have experience building and deploying in the Cloud (if not, you’re totally pumped about getting this experience).
● Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
● At least 2 years of software development experience in Java
● At least 1 year of experience with REST Web Services
● At least 1 year of experience designing and building microservices
● Experience with AWS/Public Cloud
● Experience with Build and Deployment automation experience (CI/CD)
● Experience with Github and Jenkins