App Dev - Generalist - Sr
US - VA - Vienna
- Responsible for the overall system design & implementation.
- Documents development requirements for database, applications, and operation system environment.
- Consults with end users to test and debug implementations to meet consumer needs.
- May conduct training to IT Staff in relation to staffed domain.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks, including application process remediation/simplification.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
- Work will focus on the administration and support of several BI platforms, responsibilities will include AWS infrastructure management (EC2, RDS, etc.), supplemental application/scripting development as needed, and troubleshooting problems as they arise with the system and users.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new software/applications.
- Demonstrated 4+ years experience scripting to support application functionality (Python preferred).
- Requires a bachelor's degree and may be expected to have an advanced degree in area of specialty and 6+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Possesses solid communication skills.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.