Administrative Assistant II
US - MI - Detroit
To provide administrative support to a department(s) supervisor/manager and to help assist the department provide the highest level of service possible. Includes frequent high-level clerical work, organizing, scheduling, coordinating, researching & preparing reports & correspondence and distribution of information in a timely manner for supervisor.
- Types reports, memos, letters, and minutes from meetings. Compose routine correspondence 30%.
- Screens and channel telephone calls to the appropriate party 10%.
- Maintain personnel files including tracking PTO time 5%.
- Distributes appropriate information to the various support areas 5%.
- Order supplies, makes photocopies and faxes information 5%. Organizes, prioritizes, distributes/ routes incoming mail 5%.
- Schedule appointments, makes travel arrangements for his/her supervisor or as directed and coordinates meetings 10%.
- Maintain up-to-date files of correspondence & other records 10%.
- Compiles information & reports as requested or scheduled 10%.
- Prepares reports and may need to reconcile a report (examples of reports are expense reports and ppoint presentations) 5%.
- Performs other related duties as assigned that may not be specifically listed in this position description 5%
- HS Diploma/GED required. Manage his/her own workflow & resolve questions and problems w/ supervisor.
- Meet deadlines & work under the stress of maintaining proper liaison between dept heads, managers, employees and customers.
- Prepare correspondence to internal & external customers.
- Good communication and organizing skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with management at all levels.
- Meet attendance standards & work OT hours as needed.
- Comprehend circumstances of various situations and make appropriate individual(s) aware for decision-making.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC/word processing.
- Accurate input ability of at least 50wp