US - FL - Jacksonville
- Accounting Manager in Jacksonville, FL
- 6 month contract
- This role provides to Corporate and local management financial support, reporting, planning and analytical interpretation based on sound financial judgment and expertise. This position is responsible for developing product cost standards, analyzing plant performance, preparing weekly, monthly and annual forecasts and annual budgets. This position will lead the finance team in the client's Jacksonville Plant under the direction of a multi-site controller.
- This position is a financial representative and is responsible for maintaining the integrity of all financial policies, maintaining internal controls, establishing operating budgets, and accurately forecasting and reporting financial performance for Jacksonville.
- Develop annual budget (AOP), ensuring accurate costs by department/cost component
- Ensure completion of month end close requirements (journal entries, SAP, LPR) and monthly reporting of results including analysis of the drivers of results.
- Establish and maintain internal controls consistent with corporate requirements and good business practice.
- Provide leadership for financial integrity, strong controls and transactional activities, including LPR and SAP daily/weekly/monthly responsibilities.
- Support department and plant initiatives, including quality and safety. Volunteer to lead or co-lead initiatives.
- Participate on the plant leadership team and in weekly performance meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting/Finance or similar degree
- Minimum 5-7 years Financial Analysis/Cost Accounting experience with emphasis in manufacturing preferred.
- Experience leading a team is preferred.
- Strategic Thinking Skills
- Technical Learning Ability
- Solid understanding of General Accounting and Cost Accounting principles.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain strong controls environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work with information
- Strong ERP and financial system background preferred.
- Proficient with software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, including the ability to create, modify and ensure accuracy of complex spreadsheets.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Quality Orientation – Attention to detail
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness in the face of changing priorities and tasks, ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – Working effectively with those outside the formal line of authority to accomplish organizational goals.