Accounting Manager III
US - NY - Brooklyn
- Accounting Manager III in Brooklyn, NY
- 6 month contract
- This position is responsible for the daily management of the US income tax accounting, reporting and compliance for a multinational and multi-state energy transmission, distribution and generation company.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Managing monthly tax provision calculations in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS (100 entities, including partnerships and LLCs). Knowledge of onesource tax provision system.
- Managing income tax account reconciliations, including tax basis balance sheets and account roll forwards ($3B in tax liabilities and $500M tax expense).
- Managing complex Unitary State Tax provision calculations and related balances.
- Maintaining uncertain tax positions calculations and associated analysis (100 uncertain tax positions and audit disclosures).
- Manage preparation of quarterly financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, including the consolidated financial statements of NGUSA and NGNA.
- Manage preparation of quarterly financial statements in accordance with FERC & PSC reporting requirements
- Manage Tax SOX internal controls process and audit timeline
- Manage preparation of annual Federal income tax returns
- Manage preparation of annual State unitary Corporate income tax returns
- Manage preparation of quarterly state estimated payments and extensions
- Support federal and state tax audit team, including overseeing deliverables and analysis of the corporate tax return audits.
- Support regulatory team in filing of rate cases and responding to regulatory requests
- Support tax research and planning team in analyzing new transactions, legislations etc.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Bachelor Degree required.
- Knowledge of Onesource tax provision system
- Master in Taxation, CPA and/or JD is preferred.
- Working knowledge of income tax accounting principles, tax laws/regulations and standards for preparation of income tax returns.
- Experience coaching and challenging a team
- Ability to manage competing priorities and strong time management skills
- Committed to meeting deadlines
- Strong communications skills