US - DE - Dover
- Accountant I in Dover, DE
- 11 month contract
- Lead the development of the Annual Operating Plan, including product cost standards updates, (raw and pack yields, master recipes), bridging cost changes and preparing all applicable AOP schedules.
- Lead weekly and monthly reporting of actual and forecasted costs, including the development and distribution of reports to unit and plant manufacturing management.
- Analyze and interpret variances to target for direct expenses. Provide detailed report of variances and breakdown of unit KPI measures to unit and plant management teams on a regular basis.
- Identify and initiate process improvements in the financial planning and reporting systems.
- Help identify and quantify savings surfaced by Continuous Improvement and Production teams, ensuring the values in 4 Site are current and represent the unit’s best thinking.
- Lead and help complete month-end close process.
- Perform various financial analysis/scenario studies.
- Ensure completion of month end close requirements (journal entries, SAP, FAC Review) and monthly reporting of results including analysis of the drivers of results.
- Provide oversight and auditing of operational BOM accuracy throughout the year.
- Be an active member and contributor to the plant leadership team, including training and feedback to users of financial information and support of frontline leaders.
- Establish and maintain internal controls consistent with corporate requirements and good business practice. Ensure inventory controls are working effectively.
- Provide leadership for financial integrity, strong controls and transactional activities, including SAP daily/weekly/monthly responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting/Finance or similar degree
- Technical Learning Ability
- Good understanding of General Accounting and Cost Accounting principles.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain strong controls environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work with information
- Strong ERP and financial system (SAP, Hyperion) background preferred.
- Proficient with software such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, including the ability to create, modify and ensure accuracy of complex spreadsheets.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Quality Orientation – Attention to detail
- Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness in the face of changing priorities and tasks, ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – Working effectively with those outside the formal line of authority to accomplish organizational goals.